Blackjack has been around for well over two centuries now. This is the most popular game after poker. It’s offered by pretty much all online casinos, but Leovegas has proved to be the best casino for Blackjack in India.
This is a casino banked card game in that you compete against the house. Online casino blackjack game uses a standard 52-card pack often split between 4 suits. The objective is to beat the dealer (house) by having a total card value of 21 or close. If your hand value is closer to 21 compared to the house, you win the game. However, if the total gets over 21, you lose, and the house keeps the winnings. Blackjack is that simple.
How to Play Blackjack online in India
The game begins with the player placing a bet and the dealer dealing 2 cards, face-up, to you, and 2 cards to the house (one card face up and the other face down). With 2 cards in front of you, you first add their total value to determine your next step.
How to find total hand value when playing Blackjack
- Cards 2-10 – count at face value (for instance, 4 counts as 4 and 7 as 7)
- Face cards (J, K, and Q) – count as 10
- Aces– count as 1 or 11, whichever benefits the player the most.
If you’re dealt an Ace and a J, K, or Q, as your first 2 cards, your card value is 21, which means that you just got the Blackjack and won the round. Normally, the standard blackjack payout is 3 to 2, which means you get 1.5 times your bet.
If the value is below 21, then you play hand to continue with the round using the following rules;
- Stand– this means that you don’t want a card. If you’re very close to 21, standing may be the best option.
- Hit– by hitting, you’re dealt more cards, one card at a time until you stand or bust (go over 21).
- Double down– if the probability favours you and you feel confident, doubling down allows you to increase your wager by 100%. You have to stand after being dealt one more card.
- Split– if you’re dealt 2 cards of the same value, you can split them into 2 cards, which will be dealt separately. Note that you’ll need to place another bet equal to your initial bet.
- Surrender– if the probably isn’t in your favour, you can forfeit the initial hand for half of your wager. Not many online casinos allow this hand play, though.
How do you beat the house?
At the end of the round, whoever is closest to 21 wins. In case the player and the house tie, that’s known as a push, and you keep your bet. If the house has a card value of 16 or less, it’s forced to take a hit.
Top tips when playing online casino blackjack
- Learn basic strategy, so you know the best decision for every situation
- Don’t bet too much
- Know when to walk away after a lucky streak
- Never chase your losses